1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Settled Now For All Time: The Simpsons Is Better Than Seinfeld

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't find either offensive in the slightest.

You think a 7-year-old understands the nuanced humor of Parks and Rec?

2. Mizzougrad96

My kids watch Good Luck Charlie, Jessie, Lab Rats, Kickin It.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That I don't do. And as I wrote on another thread when I first saw it I hated the show more than any show I'd ever seen. Then it began to win me over. The thing is, it might not even be the show on a whole that I enjoy. In character, Jim Parsons is a funny motherfucker.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I really haven't given The Big Bang Theory that much of a chance because I find it so grating. I generally don't force myself to like something.

5. Mizzougrad96

To each their own... I've always thought Big Bang Theory was hilarious...

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First 6 seasons of The Simpsons were as good as anything in the history of TV.

7. Mizzougrad96

See, I couldn't disagree more.

I always thought Everybody Loves Raymond was a great depiction of what the family dynamic is for a lot of people. Meddling in-laws, jealous siblings, etc...

I haven't watched "The Middle" since the first season. I really wanted to like it because I like Heaton and I like the janitor from Scrubs, but I couldn't get into it...

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Every character except Peter Boyle's made me want to kill everyone.

That would be fine if I were laughing at the same time.

9. Mizzougrad96

Boyle's character was my favorite as well.

I don't really think any of the characters are supposed to be likable. They're not truly evil people, they're flawed for various reasons...

My biggest gripe was that they made Debra too bitchy in the later seasons of the show... I think they did the same with the wife on King of Queens as well... Obviously, I also hated that they made him a columnist who sometimes covered games from his couch. But we all know that was based on a specific person... :D

I think part of the reason I like Raymond so much is the Robert character. My brother-in-law pulls the "Oh, look at your family... Isn't everything perfect for your family?" with both of his sisters, so whenever that happens on the show, my wife and I just sit there are howl with laughter...

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It's good that you've found someone with the same sense of humor to enjoy your trite sitcoms.

11. Mizzougrad96

To each their own...

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

That was unnecessarily harsh.

Draft saved Draft deleted