1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's on! Survivor 19 thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Aug 31, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I have a hard time declaring Natalie the better player just because she won. She wasn't in the conversation before the vote. Seven people aren't going to change my mind. And I didn't hear anyone say oh yeah, Natalie played a better game. She just wasn't Russell and may have been less like Russell than Mick. That's why she won.
    I've always felt a final result shouldn't be the sole determinant in measuring the quality of something. Are lottery winners deserving?

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Scoreboard, Natalie won.
    But, in the future, Russell will be remembered for his game play and Natalie only for her bikini.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Wasn't it Natalie who talked everyone into getting rid of Erik? I'm shocked that never came up. You would think he'd be more pissed at her for "not trusting" him and being the reason Galu turned on him.

But I learned from his final speech he isn't too bright anyways.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I agree that the science of the game is winning challenges, finding idols etc. The art of the game is voting people off and not pissing them off too much so they'll still vote for you - or making sure the other finalists are people that are liked even less.

5. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I guess that's why they call it a jury, you never know what they're going to do. I'm a fan of Survivor and appreciate good game play, but I can't get worked up over Russell losing. He did a lot of things right, but he made some mistakes too, and if he were such a student of the show as he said, I'm surprised he didn't figure out that winning over the jury is part of the equation.

I realized I'm out of touch during the reunion though. So many people seemed to be a fan of Russell despite his obnoxiousness, misogynistic comments, boorish behavior and being an extremely sore loser. I don't mind if people appreciated his game playing, but to be a fan of the person he exposed himself to be boggles my mind.

Also, I was surprised by how many people liked Shambo. At one point I may have thought she seemed OK, but she got annoying in a hurry. She was incapable of competing in challenges, and then when she reamed Natalie for riding Russell's coattails (after her interview where she said she was all about making people happy), I almost choked. Shambo, by far, was the biggest coattail-rider in the game.

6. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

ARKANSAS ..no longer "The Natural State" but "Home of Reality TV heroes"
    Survivor champ and American Idol winner hail from Van Buren and Conway.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I've always been a fan of women from Arkansas. Natalie has simply validated my beliefs.

Draft saved Draft deleted