1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's official (now): Whitlock leaving the KC Star

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GuessWho, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Depends on what Whitlock writes about his exit - and for/to whom he chooses to write/say it.

2. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

i think whitlock is referring to the blog kcconfidential, according to later tweets, and probably some other media/gossip in the city.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd refer breezily to anyone -- not even uninformed chatters or speculators -- as "all the liars..." if I was tweeting, writing on a message or conversing in a chat room.

To me, it speaks to your habits of public decorum, presentation and attitude, and some care should be taken.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

C'mon. You know who you're talking about here.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The pimp hand is all about attitude.

6. billikens

billikens Member

It's another sad day for sports (and sports media) fans in Kansas City. The Star, which was a sports writing all-star team in the middle of the decade, has lost nearly every big gun it had during the last few years. I think Sam Mellinger is off to a great start as a columnist, but Whitlock brought a very unique voice and nearly everybody in the KC area, even non-sports fans, knew who he was.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It would be nice if the Star can use Whitlock's old salary to hire a few more reporters or copy editors.

8. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

If there really is some sort of litigation and/or harassment lawsuit in play, he needs to be careful what he "tweets." Which, I'm sure, his lawyer will be telling him.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

They'll use it alright ..... to line the pockets and wallets of the CEOs and publishers.

11. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Nobody gets to stay on top forever. KC had a pretty good run, good for them. Things change.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Whitlock is taking his talents to the buffet.

Draft saved Draft deleted