1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's official. I'm a crazy cat lady.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Oct 12, 2009.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I used to name mine after tennis players, so yours shouldn't be too difficult.

Is it a vile, evil creature? Justine.

Does it want to scratch your eyes out? Serena.

Does it act prissy? Ana. Or Maria.

Is it sweet? Kimmy.

Is she the most perfect cat in the world? Elena.

Does she like to get high on catnip? Martina. Or Jennifer.

And finally, does she shit the bed? Dinara.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Put the litter box in the closet and call the cat Najeh.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Bode is a boy's name silly!

And an update, Scout was the kitty's name. She was microchipped and is now home with her real mommy.

So get your critters microchipped so there's a better chance of them coming home is they sneak off.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Lo Mein is a good name for a girl cat.
    Chow Mein for a boy.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Was the real owner happy to see her! I sure hope so, cause I would have been if one of my three kids jetted out of the house.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Good news. And you're now officially a sane, caring cat lady.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Sorry your ending wasn't so wonderful, but good to hear the critter is back home.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Her mom offered to let me keep her, but I'm getting ready to move and my girl cat was horridly upset by Scout's mere presence in the apartment. Plus having a third cat makes finding apartments really difficult.

Someday, I'll get that third cat, but it just wasn't the right time this week.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So the craziness is on hold then? :D

You done a good thing, sc.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

SC, there's a program out there that can allow you to have numerous cats but avoid the "crazy cat lady" label. My sister does it here in our home state. She's a Humane Society foster parent. She takes litters of newborn kittens and serves as the foster parent until they are big enough to adopt. She just finished with her second set of kittens.

She has two of her own cats, and so far they've been really good with the two litters. I went over to her house last Friday to go to lunch with her, but mostly to meet and play with the kittens. What a blast. Might be tough to do in an apartment, but for a cat lover it's a really cool program. Then again, it's tough to give them up when the Humane Society deems them big enough to be put up for adoption.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Shithead.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted