1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's not quite the George Bushes Christmas portrait, but...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Cate's cute but she wouldn't be so hot if she'd been wearing pants instead.

John suffers from Poppy Bush disease: Always looking younger than you really are while the missus doesn't.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Cancer prevents you from looking into a camera?

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Not sure. Never had cancer. But it might prevent you from, say, looking your best, leaving you open to pot shots like "old lady" from hit and run assholes like yourself.

Why don't you run along and start another thread about how Kareem Abdul-Jabar wants to eat my children.

4. Just when you think you've reached the bottom level of dumbassery, poin goes out and buys a better bathysphere.

5. poindexter

Since you aren't sure, I'll tell you. Cancer doesn't prevent you from looking into the camera.

Whoever gave the go for this to be the official family portrait should be fired. Poor decision by the family head to let this one go thru, if in fact this isn't some spoof. Two out of the five couldn't even look into the camera, not even including the Wal-Mart chastising young boy. JC Penney's would have done a better job, hell, this place would have done a better job.

http://www.goportraits.com/goportraits/default.asp?sn=02526&chain=0005

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Of course, Poin, it could have been that she was looking at her two sons instead of the camera. I mean, parents tend to do that. Some of the best shots of my son and I involve us not looking at the camera, but at each other.

That being said, it makes me wonder if you're a parent.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's not that his wife looks too old. It's that he looks freakishly young. Assuming Edwards' wife is the same age as Edwards, she is 53. That seems about right. Do you look at Edwards and think he's 53, though?

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ragu, some people photograph younger than others. And some people take longer to age.

Look at me. :)

Yeah, at first glance you'd figure "early to mid-forties"

9. poindexter

Two sons? If she's got two sons, then this is really some news. Or a REALLY bad picture.

10. poindexter

Edwards looks like he could be going to his 15 year college reunion... and be young-looking for that crowd.

11. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

There's nothing wrong with that photo, for God's sake.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Two pages on a Christmas card?

Really?

Draft saved Draft deleted