1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Not Awesome Baby!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/071218lettertofans.html

I guess all those years of screaming really got to him.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Best of luck, Dick.

Whatever you think of his schtick, he is a genuinely nice guy who is good to the media everywhere.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

He's a bit over the top, but the man's passion and love of basketball is genuine and enjoyable.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I strongly dislike listening to his yelling and sucking up to coaches, but strongly hope that things work out health-wise for Vitale.

5. Aw, goddammit it.
    Bilas and Digger?
    Get well soon, crazy person.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I was thinking. Hurry home, Dick.

7. ondeadline

I'll take Bilas over Vitale any day. As for Digger, well, that's a different story.

8. Has Jay Bilas ever been funny? I mean, in his life? In any context?

9. ondeadline

I doubt Bilas has been funny other than when he was trying to play center for Duke, but at least he provides commentary that is actually balanced.

10. I don't want commentary that's "balanced" as much as I want commentary that tells me something I can't figure out for myself, and that entertains me. Digger fails at the latter. So does Bilas. Vitale fails at the former but not at the latter. I'll take that any day.

11. ondeadline

At least when I hear Bilas praise a coach, I know that he'd also criticize the same coach if a stupid move was made.

12. Good for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted