1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's go time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gator, Feb 4, 2016.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Congrats Gator. I am really happy for you. I hope you have some great years in the house.

Gator likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Gator likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Nice job. Closed on my house/moved in 26 years ago today. Best investment we've ever made.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Update ... we have purchased the house, moved in and started the renovations (refinished bathroom, new paint throughout, new doors, painted cabinets, new flooring in kitchen and basement, etc). In fact, we're almost done. As of now, we're below budget, which is great, and everything seems to be in working order. Things are going well. Only time will tell, but it looks like this was a pretty good decision. Thanks for all of the advice.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't think I've been below budget on anything we've had done.

Just had flooring replaced in the upstairs and the stairs themselves. Gave ourselves a budget of $4,500. Wife even installed the flooring in her workshop herself. Still came in at about $5,500.

One thing I've unfortunately learned from a previous remodeling in 2014: Labor for tile installation is twice as expensive where we are now than it was in South Florida.

Draft saved Draft deleted