1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Enrico Palazzo!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's actually after the Seattle outfielder loses his head over the fence. Cracked me up hysterically the first time I saw it.

The other underrated funny thing is during the on-field fight, you see a Seattle guy get thrown up in the air screaming. Only, you can tell its a dummy.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Refresh my memory, since it's been a while since I've seen TNG. Spiwack is the lefty with the mustache?

If so, that's Randy Harvey, who actually pitched in several systems, so you're right. He pitched for the independent San Bernardino Spirit in their inaugural year (1986) and grew up in Riverside.

He would later date the first general manager of the High Desert Mavericks in the California League. I know this because I covered that team its first year (1991) and Randy made a few cameos at the park.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Probably him. There's a Randy Harvey listed on the IMDB credits as "Seattle pitcher" instead of "Angels pitcher." Probably a boo-boo on IMDB's part.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Allen/Enberg reaction still cracks me up every time I see it.

This movie seemed to revel in its obvious use of dummies. When Nordberg goes flipping out of the wheelchair in the final scene, you can not only tell it's a dummy that launches out of the chair, the smoke from whatever they used to launch it is visible.
    And when Ludwig is taking Jane hostage, he's swinging her around as they go up the stairs and it's clearly a dummy. He almost looks like he's going out of his way to assault people with it, which is awesome on its own.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think it is.
    This throwaway line always gets me too...
    "Since we've met, I've noticed things I've never noticed before. Flowers ... dew, glistening on a newly formed leaf ... traffic lights..."

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

"And the rockets' ... red glare! Buncha bombs in the air!"

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

To this day whenever I hear the national anthem I think of Frank Drebin's rendition. Sometimes it's difficult to keep myself from chuckling.

8. bbnews60

bbnews60 Member

We had an anthem singing contest at our afterprom party in high school. (I have no idea why)
    However, my friend won with a spot-on version of the Naked Gun anthem. It was hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted