1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's been awhile Michael ... we didn't miss you ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TyWebb, Jul 6, 2007.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Since my paper is in GA, anything Vick related is big. I didn't see any other threads about this.

AP reporting that authorities have turned in documents outlining a dog-fighting operation on his former property, but Vick was not named in the documents.

My question, as Austin Powers once said, "Whoop-Dee-Doo! What does it all mean, Basil?"

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Maybe when he said he had no idea, he was telling the truth?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I haven't really piped in too much about Vick on the myriad threads about him here in the last year. I remember being so excited about him during his Hokies days; fucker was going to be the greatest of all time, I remember thinking. Don't know why it hasn't happened, save that upset playoff win at Green Bay. I don't think he'll ever live up to the hype; or maybe we just hyped him too much. Too bad because he has the best arm for throwing a football I've ever seen.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Weren't the authorities back at his property again today? I heard that this morning as John Kincaid filled in for Colin Cowturd. I was going to post it, but couldn't find the link to the local television station. The report said they were looking for dog carcasses. FWIW.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=127968&ran=1653&tref=po

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Heard the same thing. I just wonder what the best possible scenario for Vick is with this news. It sounds like there definitely was dog-fighting on the property. Even if Vick was completely clueless, his name is on the deed, so it doesn't seem like he can avoid no culpability.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What if what Vick says is true? He didn't know what was going on? ( I think that's a crock, but just sayin) I still think Goodell suspends him for what, 4 games. If its proven that he was a willing accomplice/bettor/organizer, than what is his penalty? 8-10 games? Its already been established that the League doesn't need a guilty plea, trial to suspend a player, so how far does Goodell go with a "star player." Its easy to suspend Tank Johnson, but what about a QB?

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think if he's found to have had knowledge and then found guilty, the NFL commisioner would be the least of his worries.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Trade him to the CFL, Commish.

Draft saved Draft deleted