1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

"I'm an abortion survivor!!!!!"

this show is great.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Have wanted to watch, but keep forgetting about it.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I liked both episodes. The hippie infiltration was the only weak spot. They really didn't foreshadow very well for the big payoff. I knew he was up to some tricks, but it wasn't clear where he was going until it happened. And even then it was a little weak. I think their only fault might be trying to fit too much into a single show. Seinfeld pulled it off just a little better, which says a lot about the genius behind that show. Because this one is very good in its own right.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I will also state that I like the welfare episode where they become crackheads. Fucking awesome.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

OMG, I couldn't stop laughing at the "Night Man" song

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The freestyle rap finish tonight = awesome.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

After a long wait, the DVDs are available. The first two seasons are packaged together and I stayed up late last night watching the first few episodes.

No show on today makes me laugh out loud as much as this one.

8. first off, sunny is tied with curb for best shows on tv. and i think the seinfeld comparisons are completely valid:

1) obviously, three guys, one girl (olsen is awesome).

2) like seinfeld, the sunny crew is obsessed with getting over and creating convoluted schemes to achieve such goals. while the seinfeld characters were usually trying to scheme others, strangers, and sometimes each other to get over, the sunny crew focuses 99% of their time and energy creating convoluted schemes to get over on EACH OTHER.

this is my favorite aspect of the show, some people don't like the later seinfelds after LD left because of what outrageous and obnoxious levels the gang would stoop to get over on someone. i.e., the candy lineup. that is pretty much the crux of every sunny episode. from dee pretending to be handicapped to pick up guys and get over on mac and dennis to committting welfare fraud, it's all because someone's sole goal is getting over.

i think danny devito kind of fills the role as kramer for the show. just the crazy shit frank does to get a leg up is unreal. from the vietnamese gangsters to trying to earn money by exploiting a miracle to pulling dee's crutches out from under her and his phenomenal parenting skills "honey, you're going to have to pretend you're smart and beautiful to pull this off." frank is the most eccentric of the characters and is the glue of the group.

i think seeing frank and charlie tailgating for the eagles tryout and frank taking the blotter acid and saying "I'M GONNA TRIP BALLS!" is quite frankly the funniest thing i've ever seen.

9. UNION NERD: "So, Mac, why don't you ask Silvio there what he's going to do to you if your candidate doesn't drop out?"

MAC: "What are you going to do?"

THUG: "I'll probably stab you in your throat."

MAC: "Stab me in my throat? Jesus Christ! Are you serious?"

and from the welfare episode:

"Aren't you supposed to be out looking for careers? It's 1:30 in the afternoon and you're piss drunk." and "You can't be on welfare!"

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Charlie is the Gen-X version of George Castanza.

Dude cracks me up. I laugh out loud at this show WAY more than I do at the new episodes of The Office.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

New season tomorrow night. Who's excited?

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

MEMEMEMEMEMEME!

I reset all my Season Passes today. This is near the top. I'm so psyched!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted