1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I scrolled five pages and didn't see a thread on this show, so feel free to tell me I'm d_b'ing if there is one:

Watched a couple of episodes of this last night and was quite entertained. I don't like the Seinfeld comparisons. It's a fun show, but nothing like Seinfeld. Still, the dialogue was fast and funny and the daughter is freaking hilarious.

Anybody else like it?

2. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

don't think it's up your alley, ides.
    I love, love, love it, because I'm a vulgar person. It's hilarious to me, though. The million-dollar baby ripoff last night was outstanding.
    I think they replay it tonight at midnight?

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm a big fan of the show. Last night was killer.

A while back, one of the best episodes involved a guy going to anti-abortion rallies just to nail some chick.

The show is comedy gold.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Got a couple episodes on the DVR haven't had a chance to watch yet, but I've heard it's a great show.

5. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Danny Devito is killing the show. The show was much better last season.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

See, I don't think that way. DeVito is solid.

Last week, when Mac nails DeVito's ex-wife he was just brilliant. He comes to the door and Mac thinks Frank is there to kill him. The real reason he's there is because he needs a wingman so that he can nail some "younger chicks."

"All this talk about grandchildren is bringing me down."

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Flaghokie is "Maestro" - and has 9,000 posts. I haven't seen "flaghokie" in a year.. And I know Maestro hasn't posting much on the "anything goes" thread.

So what was Flaghokie's handle before Maestro?

I'm so confused.

I always have to click on these names, as if I am going to send them a Personal Message, so I can figure out who is really posting (their original name).

That guy who is going by "Van Gorbo the Destroyer, Master of the Universe" - I have no clue who that guy is.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You don't ever have to worry about that with me.

As for the show, my girlfriend absolutely loves it. It's just OK to me, but she's always rolling throughout the show, start to finish.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Poin ... I'm well shy of 9,000 posts ... 850 or so to go, and it'll be a long time before I get there. I'd venture that I won't even be to 8,500 by the end of the year.

Flaghokie is gone for good because flag is well in the rearview mirror for me. ... Maestro is here to stay. An homage to my boy Bob Cobb, who told Kramer to put the balm on, pissing Jackie Chiles off to no end.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Never heard of the show, but I love Idaho's traveling sig. Outstanding.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Agreed, nothing like Seinfeld. I don't get the "Seinfeld on crack" comparisons. I think it's more along the lines of the humor of "Arrested Development." But it's GREAT 20-something comedy.

I plan to watch this week's episode tonight (thanks for the spoiler, djc) but last week, watching Dee and Dennis in their bling, sitting on the stoop drinking 40s while singing Biz Markie, provided enough laughs to last me through the weekend.

12. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

sorry about that. although the name of the episode, I believe, is "Hundred Dollar Baby" and in the preview commercial it's about Sweet Dee boxing, so I didn't think I was giving much away.

Draft saved Draft deleted