1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's a peace loving religion, 'cept for the 5,000 women killed annually

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Right. And they should be dealt with harshly. But it's ironic that the group so eager to condemn all Muslims include many of the same right-wing fundamentalists here who would gladly take away the rights of other Americans if they could.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I will give Hondo credit for this: He at least acknowledges that the Islamic terrorists are an exception and not the rule. The U.S. should do all it can to vanquish the exception without seeking elimination of the rule.

What I read from a few posters here (honk honk!) is a desire to kill all Muslims.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Really. I'd love to see that quote.

4. dooley_womack1

You have frequently said that Islam is the enemy, not a small part of Islam.

5. poindexter

You find any quote that says I have "a desire to kill all Muslims." Something even close.

5,000 posts worth of quotes. I'll wait.

6. dooley_womack1

Well, first of all, I didn't mean just you. And your record speaks for itself. Don't even try to say you don't have a generalized hatred of Islam, that you see them as the enemy. The thread title is not your best defense in this matter.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

All you have to do is look at the title of the original thread ""It's a peace loving religion, really" to know where these guys stand.  

They make gross generalizations and when you call them on it, they go, "Oh, it's only the radicals, not the religion itself". Bullshit.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dexter, just throw on your white shirt and black tie, strap on your backpack, pedal over and convert 'em all.

9. poindexter

So why don't you just say that you wrote something What I read from a few posters here (honk honk!) is a desire to kill all Muslims. that *for me* isn't even close to being right. I don't care if it wasn't meant for "just me". You included me in there (honk! honk!) when I've never even written anything CLOSE to that.

Can you admit it? You were wrong? Is it that hard?

Ace, I wouldn't want to convert any of them. I think organized religions are a joke. A complete joke. All of them. I sincerely believe that religion has done much more harm in the world than good thruout history. So comparing the atrocities of islam to the bad of christianity holds no water for me.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dexter,

I am not an expert on Islam or the Middle East, but this all seems like more of a power issue and religion is just one tool these tools use. I don't understand why the women in these countries put up with it. A little arsenic in the hummus would go a long way.

11. poindexter

It's disturbing.

Instead of a text that says WHERE U AT?

you get one that says KILL UR SELF B4 TOMORROW

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Re: It's a peace loving religion. Really, it is. Honestly.

Nobody forgets the Spanish Inquisition.

Draft saved Draft deleted