1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"It's a number"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jun 15, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

2. Re: "Its's a number"

We're at war, and people are going to die, but luckily more terrorists have died that our soldiers. Since we're defeating insurgents and terrorists such as Zarqawi, it seems as if the war is going well, and frankly, 2,500 deaths is nothing when you consider that this is a WAR. That's an extremely small number for war.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

Re: "Its's a number"

wow. i feel so much better now. ??? ???

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I'm sure that loved ones of those soliders who have fallen in the line of duty will sleep better at night because of that. ::)

5. Re: "Its's a number"

Actually, the next big number will be just before 3,000 - when the deaths in the Iraq war passes the number of people killed on 9/11. Not sure the actual number, but I want to say 2,910 or something like that.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Mr. Alliance, I know you're just a kid, so I'm not gonna add to the beatdown you're about to receive. That said:

[​IMG]

7. Re: "Its's a number"

OK, so I guess we will never use the military. Just let Al-Queda keep their attacks going.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The fact that 2500 young Americans have lost their lives as a result of Fredo's Little Adventure in Iraq  is obscene enough but Snow's throwaway line is appalling.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I dare you to use that rationale with a mother or father who has lost a son or daughter, or a brother or sister who has used a sibling.

"Yeah, your son/daughter/brother/sister is dead, but that's NOTHING when you consider this is a WAR. Your XXX's death is an extremely small number for war."

Holy shit, I think that's the dumbest thing I've ever read here. We have GOT to use a better screening process with the newbies.

Never mind of course the war was a red herring.

Kid, come back when the training wheels are off.

10. wheaties

wheaties Member

Seems to me the full might of our military should have been used to go after Osama, seeing as he's the leader of Al-Qaeda and the man who organized 9/11.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Hey, what's our exit strategy?

When will a solid Iraqi government be installed?

When will we get OBL?

Thanks for answering those questions. It must be fun to know everything at 18. Did you learn the rules of war by playing Battlefield 2?

PS: A ratio of 2,500-to-1 isn't a success.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

How about a basic spelling test?

Wait, that would mean Boom would have to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted