1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's a boy! Ten fingers, ten toes ... oh, wait.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Doctors and nurses didn't initially notice that a California boy born was born with 12 functional fingers and 12 toes. Mom says he might turn out to be a heck of a pianist some day:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/peninsula&id=6634255

2. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Good to know he's healthy and they're all functional. Then again, his parents are going to have to create another piggy for the nursery rhyme.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Reminds me of the joke where the genie hears the request wrong and the guy ends up with a 12-inch pianist.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, the closeup shots didn't freak me out. But the full-body shot, for whatever reason, did. Yikes.

5. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I have a friend who has six toes on each foot, the sixth being little buds off her pinkie toes. One "died" when she was a baby, but she still has 11.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Usually they tie off one finger if it is growing off the end of another finger at birth, and it just sort of dies off.

Six functional fingers is the dominant gene, believe it or not.

8. Were Alfonseca and Linda Cohn the parents?

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Does this mean someone's getting an extra shocker down the road?

10. I'm trying to think of all the extra things I could do with 12 functional fingers.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

AP is reporting the parents have contacted Chef to make their child "normal".

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Linda Cohn, 12 toes the hard way.

Draft saved Draft deleted