1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's 11:30 p.m., and it's 85 degrees outside

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Aug 12, 2007.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Humidity fell yesterday and Mrs.Expendable put me to work outside. More of the same today (me, slaving over a hot shovel), though the temps are rising a little.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

There's always one here with your name on it, my good man, even when it's 78 in February.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I came home from a trip on Tuesday night and at 11:00 p.m., the heat index was 95. That's just wrong.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

JD,

High of 82 yesterday in Microville, low of 55, low humidity; mowed my lawn at high noon and lived to tell about it. Same predicted for today; it's a pleasant 61 right now.

I'll keep the Widmer on ice and the light on for you for when you finally come to your senses!

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

And that is why I'm glad I live in West Texas and not the metro-mess. We've been around 98 for a week now, with no end in sight. Not sure why summer chose to hit in mid-August, but it is better than non-stop torrential rain storms.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's 111 degrees as I type this, heading for an expected high of 113. We'll probably dip below 100 sometime around 10:30 tonight.

Forecast for tomorrow: 110 degrees... and thunderstorms.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

maybe so but those rain storms kept temps in dallas in the 80s for much of june and july. not like last year's heat wave.

went on vacation last august to colorado and the temps were in the low 50s at night. coming back to dallas where it stayed in the 90s at night for a freakin month was torture.

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yes, you do. And it's filtered up here to Tulsa.

Fuck, this is insane. I walked from the Media Center to the merchandise tent here at Southern Hills. To put this in perspective, two weeks ago, I played golf in Palm Desert. It was 106 when I teed off and I didn't sweat nearly as much as I did on this half-mile hike.

I can play in that dry heat all day. This, however, is another matter.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I have one of those little temperature things in the lower right of my computer screen.
    It says HOT AS FUCK.
    It is accurate.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, but luckily you don't have the hair to drive up the temperature. Hell, neither do it. :D

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When it says "Hot as two rats fucking in a wool sock" then you're in trouble.

It was 90 this morning at 9:30. I broke a sweat walking down the driveway to pick up the newspaper.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

We just had a wicked thunderstorm roll through the city. Good news: It cooled things off about 20 degrees. Bad news: It knocked out our AP wire.

Draft saved Draft deleted