1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ithaca Times sports reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by CarlSpackler, Dec 9, 2006.

1. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Description:
    Sports reporter for The Finger Lakes Community Newspapers located in Upstate NY. Duties include attending High School and college games, and other sport-related functions, writing, taking and assigning photos, managing stringers, and copy editing. We're seeking an experienced writer with pagination skills, that is highly organized. Send resume,clips,contact information for three references to Editor, Finger Lakes Community Newspapers, PO Box 714, Trumansburg, NY 14886, or email to sferrari@fingerlakesnewspapers.com

Is this a weekly or something? I can't seem find out much info about it.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

The Ithaca Times is an alt-weekly, but I believe they own some traditional community weeklies in the same area. The daily is owned by Gannett.

Ithaca is one of the coolest small towns I've seen, almost at the level of Burlington, Vt. Very left-leaning, intellectual, outdoorsy town with a reasonable cost of living.

3. Pops

Pops Member

You've never left this town, have you Barry?

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

I sent my stuff in for this a few weeks ago and followed up with an e-mail but haven't heard anything from them ... anyone else apply and know of anything?

Draft saved Draft deleted