1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It seems Deadspin is about to go guns blazing at ESPN re: sex rumors

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by KVV, Oct 21, 2009.

1. KVV

KVV Member

http://deadspin.com/5386749/espn-the-worldwide-leader-in-sexual-depravity

From Daulerio, in light of the Steve Phillips stuff:

There are many, many, many other people employed at the WWL who have (allegedly) boned assistants, interns, on-air talent, executives, etc. However, it's a little unclear as to what lines need to be crossed in order for them to be suspended.

And since the tenuous connection between rumor and fact for accuracy's sake has been a little eroded here, well, it's probably about time to just unload the inbox of all the sordid rumors we've received over the years about various ESPN employees. Chances are, at this point, there's some truth to them. We'll just throw 'em out there and see how many "no comments" or, you know, actual comments or "you would be completely wrongs" there are about these situations. Consider this one giant all-day version of "Deleted Scenes" or something.

Coming up first...ESPN "personality" Erik Kuselias.

So, Bristolites, strap in — it's gonna be a long day.

2. If they just start posting unsubstantiated emails that can destroy someone's reputation, I have made my last visit to that site and will encourage as many people as I can to do the same.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I think we can safely assume that Waylon is not outing himself as Dan Rather.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

They've been gearing up for this moment for years. I wondered what took so long...
    "Coming up first...ESPN personality Erik Kuselias." Christ. That guy has to sit there and wonder...

5. KVV

KVV Member

Must be a trip to work in Gawker's legal department.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

No kidding. I was just thinking that. Looks like a good day for Wendy's to advertise their new bacon deluxe on Deadspin. Page views are going to be crazy.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Keep fucking that legal chicken, Deadspin.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Other than a shitload of page views and a probable server crash, what can they hope to gain by this?

9. They won't do it. They'll back down. They'll crow about how they were all ready to do the right thing and name names, but the pussy legal eagles wouldn't let them go through with it. So it's win-win. They look like the tough guys who were going to out ESPN's adulterers, while meanwhile not having to face any of the consequences that would come with actually doing so.

I'm calling their bluff.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Here's hoping they do it.

Go Deadspin!

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yeah, but their "reveals" are predicated on the notion that I give a shit who Eric Kuselius is banging.

I don't give a fuck about Eric Kuselius in general, much less who he's sticking his dick into.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

There's nothing more fun than an unsubstantiated rumor that could wreck someone's personal life.

Good to know that journalism isn't dead!

Draft saved Draft deleted