1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'It is unclear whether the dog will be euthanized'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Come again?

Dog Mauls Family After They Try to Dress It in a Christmas Sweater

• “Officers responding said the dog was pretty aggressive,” Eddy Durkin with the Tampa Police Department told WABC. “When they tazed the dog, the dog was still pulling away and was able to release the prongs from the taser."
    • The couple’s son reportedly stabbed the dog in an effort to stop the attack, WFLA reports.
    • Animal Control officials responded to the scene and shot the pit bull with a tranquilizer gun, according to WTSP. The dog managed to get into the home, where there were two children present.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Defending himself against a doggie sweater could be seen as justified.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Every Chihuahua dreams of doing this. You do this to a pit, you're on your own, pal.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Should have tazed and tranquilized the family too.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Was this dog white? Why didn't they shoot it?

Lots of dogs will bite you if you try to put something over their heads.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Video from the scene.

MisterCreosote and Vombatus like this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Florida.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I can see maybe putting a wife beater on a pit bull in Florida. But a sweater?

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Only if it's stained with fried chicken grease and Bud Light.

Ace likes this.
  10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

New Year's Eve I played Scrabble against my wife and late in the game, as I held like a 10-point lead, I came up with tazed. Triple word. Good night. Basically clinched the game, which would be big because I don't think I've ever defeated her.

She protests, I argue back and then find multiple newspapers that used tazed with a z. Including the NY Daily News in headlines. "But is it in the dictionary?" And I could not find a damn dictionary that used it. But all kinds of newspapers and magazines and, apparently, Yahoo stories. I still think it should have counted, but I relented and it didn't count (I eventually ended up using it in dazed, but no triple word action). She went on to win by about 15.

11. Vombatus

Jesus Christ, if you play Scrabble, you should own an official copy of the Scrabble players dictionary and let that be the sole arbiter.

Hmm. I bet there's an online version somewhere somehow.

Have you ever considered taking up the fine art of wife beating? It's kind of out of style (frowned upon, not funny), but if you had wound up with a mugshot over "tazed", it would have been epic and even dead Johnnie Cochran would be able to get you found innocent.

12. Vombatus

Ah shit, don't listen to me. You'd wind up doing time.

image.png

Draft saved Draft deleted