1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It is good to know there are good, honest people in this world

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Sep 25, 2006.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

So me and the Creole clan went out of town this weekend to the city we used to live in. I had to cover a college football game, they hung out with friends. So Sunday morning comes, and we have a couple of hours to kill before we see more people. We take the kids to the zoo, but have to leave our Miniature Schnauzer somewhere.

We decide to drop her in the backyard of a friend's house. No biggie, we thought. We locked the gates and headed out.

Well, after leaving the zoo, we call our friend to ask how the dog is. She says there's no dog over there. Queencreole made the mistake of saying, "She's not there??" Princesscreole starts crying immediately.

We start walking the neighborhood, and some kids asked us if we were looking for a dog. They described Poochcreole perfectly, and one little girl even rattled off our phone number. They pointed us in the direction of where our dog was, and about 10 minutes later, we ran into a lady who was walking our dog. She had already called our home twice to say she had found our pooch, which had escaped under a little opening under the fence.

It just goes to show there are good people left. Kids and adults. They made an 8-year-old girl's day, and saved her daddy from spending a day roaming the streets.

2. rgd

rgd Guest

That's a nice story. I'm glad you got back your dog.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yeah, especially considering that you can't really replace pets. This pooch - while a pain in the ass - is one of us. Plus, pure breds are pretty dang expensive. Our pooch was a birthday present for Princesscreole, and my brother in law said the dog was like $300.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Glad they took good care of your dog, king.

So in the future, you know now to get the pooch a press pass and bring him to games, right?

5. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

it is not good to know there are irresponsible, crummy dog owners in this world

6. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Easy now FD...easy big fella.

7. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Nice story. Of course, FD took a steaming pile of shit on it, but a nice feel-good story nonetheless.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It was a nice story ...
    ... for FeverDog to poop on?

9. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Do not compare him to Triumph. Blasphemy!

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Honestly, I think we get so wrapped up in the negative that we fail to realize that good things like this happen a lot more than we think.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

nice.

fever_dog's definition of a responsible pet owner: one who never leaves his pet's side.

have you ever gone away and not taken the dog? i guess you're a crummy, irresponsible pet owner then aren't you?

12. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

well, i would say that dumping a dog off in an unsupervised, uninspected yard with nobody home isn't exactly in a pet's best interest.

don't want the responsibility of taking care of a dog 24/7? don't get one.

dog not fitting into the travel plans? drop him off at a quality boarding kennel (every responsible dog owner knows a good one) or have someone dog-sit.

that ain't too much to ask, is it?
    hell, it's just an animal's life.

Draft saved Draft deleted