1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It finally happened. R.I.P. Abe Vigoda, 94

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Jan 26, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Or worse, some idiot starts referring to women as clams or pigs.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

When's my lease renew for all of that free space I rent in your head, Juan Valdez?

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Seeked?

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The reason I always liked Abe was that he was never anyone's first choice to be a starter and always had to overcome that. Not only that, look at the culture of the Rams and the Cardinals in the five years after he left.

Crap. Wrong argument. Wrong person.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

You know what I mean. I was asleep when I saw the news. :)

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. A coffee joke. That's good.

Still can't believe someone thought it was necessary to delete the posts of yours that I quoted. I assume you're not ashamed of calling women clams and pigs.

If folks like you and Starman are comfortable with your misogyny, the rest of us shouldn't be squeamish about it.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

RIP Abe. Hope he got at least a small kick out of the constant rumors. That's better than just quietly going through your last few years, right?

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but some of these posts have been laugh-out-loud funny. Anyway, RIP to a great character actor.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He played it to the max, including with Letterman and Conan. The WaPo just posted a very nice story on the topic, including the origins -- he missed a wrap party for Barney Miller in 1982, which prompted People to call him "the late Abe Vigoda."

The decades-long history of the Abe Vigoda death hoax

10. Key

Key Well-Known Member

For the love of a Josh Duggar-Lena Dunham union, let it go YF.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Betty White has to be the one on the pop culture clock. Anyhoo, I look forward to the poster "Abe Vigoda" telling us what the afterlife is like.

12. He died way too young.

Sea Bass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted