1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israeli Ground Troops Poised at Lebanon Border

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Jul 21, 2006.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Just watch the News Hour.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

All we need to know about your motivation.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

[sigh] One day soon, Dyepack, I hope you get removed from this site like a Democrat at a George W. Bush rally. But until then why don't you try to contribute something original to the thread?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Just caught a chunk of a Condi presser from today. She is a sharp, with-it communicator.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Something original (but not popular):

I hope the Israelis roll across the border like the wind passing through a designer's ears. They gave up territory with the idea these attacks would halt.

They didn't halt. The choices are sit and wait for more attacks or fight back.

That being said, I hope Rice can arrange for some kind of deal to stop the bullshit. Methinks the Israelis won't be in a giving mood, though.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Now that this is happening, Lebanon is looking like it's going to be the next Palestine.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

With absolutely nothing of any significance to communicate.

8. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

The worst coverage I've seen so far was from CNN and Nic Robertson (or Robinson??). He hooked up with the Hezbollah P.R. guy in Beirut and followed him around to look at the damage. It was nothing more than a commercial spot for Hezbollah. The guy says every single building hit was inhabited by civilians, but that somehow "luckily none were killed" in the bombing. He's also running around making the coverage look like Blair Witch and saying there are Israeli planes in the air and he's worried about being bombed while they're out. It reminded me of the Iraqi information minister on a roof in Baghdad saying there are no Americans in the country, when in the background you can hear firefights between the Iraqi army and our soldiers. Terrible way for CNN to try to show the other side, all it did was legitimize a group everyone (except for Iran and Syria) agrees is doing no good.

9. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

chuck,

with respect to your genuinely thoughtful posts on islam:

what country is palestine?

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I was going to ask that myself.

11. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

You'll have to get that from Fox News, the Drudge Report (at least the audio), and America's fuzzball, Rush.

The rest of them are secretly calling this Bush's fault, a problem caused by racists, and the like. Which is really grabbing way out there. But carry on.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I hope you guys are joking, but if you aren't, then that shows what Israel has done.

Draft saved Draft deleted