1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel v. Gaza, again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jul 8, 2014.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That keeps lobbing rockets into Israel.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I think you might be confusing me with someone else. I never compared it to apartheid and never said Gaza was occupied.

The point I'm making, again, is that just because a certain group of people is getting treated relatively better than other atrocious places around the world, doesn't mean it's OK. The "well, it's worse other places" argument is beside the point.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Apologies for confusing your posts with the posts that referenced apartheid and Gaza.

Arabs citizens of Israel aren't just treated relatively better than they are in "other" atrocious places around the world.

They are treated like citizens, with rights. It's not he least bad place to live. It is a good place to live.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

A tiny, ever-decreasing strip surrounded by razor wire, with military checkpoints keeping you away from any decent schools and hospitals and constant military operations going on around you, is "a good place to live"?

5. YankeeFan

What area do you think you are describing?

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://www.baba-mail.co.il/Content.aspx?emailid=29760&memberid=728136

7. EStreetJoe

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/top-ten-questions-answers-about-the-current-action-in-israel/

8. Big Circus

I'm describing the Gaza strip. I realize there are other areas of the country where Palestinians live in peace. One of my best friends is in Ramallah right now. But you can't whitewash the conditions in Gaza.

EDIT: Of course Hamas bears a great deal of responsibility as well. I've never argued otherwise. But to argue that Israel is blameless is just bullshit.

9. EStreetJoe

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-Ed-Contributors/The-current-conflict-between-Israel-and-Hamas-shatters-myths-362327

10. YankeeFan

Gaza is not controlled by Israel. They have turned over the whole area to the Palestinians. Not a single Jew lives there. Not one.

Why the fuck are we talking about Gaza?

The leadership in Gaza has done nothing to improve their people's lives. They spend every waking moment thinking about the destruction of Israel. Their schools are shit, and focus more on teaching Jew hatred than anything else. They are perpetuating generational poverty by not working to improve their own situation.

And, no Arab/Muslim country wants to help these people either.

11. Big Circus

Checkpoints and bombings don't matter because no Jews live there?

12. YankeeFan

Can you explain to me how Israel can be imposing an "apartheid situation" on an area they do not control?

Israel forced their own citizens out of Gaza at gun point.

The situation in Gaza is the responsibility of the citizens of Gaza. They have chosen Hamas -- a terror organization -- to lead them. Should we be surprised the economy hasn't picked up?

Draft saved Draft deleted