1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel launches attacks into Gaza; several hundred killed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Re: Israel launches attacks into Gaza; at least 100 dead

..and....WE'RE OFF!

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: Israel launches attacks into Gaza; at least 100 dead

Old Tiny in 3....2....1...

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Anybody who doesn't kowtow to Israel is a cheese-eating surrender monkey!!!!! Bubbler, why do you hate Uhmerikuh?

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I knew it was coming. Just disappointed there's no hounds to accompany it.

I'm dead serious about Israeli foreign policy. I have no problem with the concept of Israel, some of the inherent problems it faces, the historical basis for its bunker mentality with the other states and those who are stateless in its region.

But it would be real nice if Israel, and by extension, the United States, would recognize that Israel has had its role, not the ONLY role by any means, but A role, in the problems the Middle East is currently embroiled in. Sometimes, we act as if Israel is infallible.

They're not. The Palestinians aren't. The Syrians aren't. The Egyptians aren't. The Jordanians aren't. The Lebanese aren't. The Arabs aren't. Everyone has had a role in that mess and I just wish our foreign policy was balanced enough to recognize that. That's all I'm saying.

Sometimes, I think the root cause of the American dogma that Israel can do no wrong is the fear that some will accuse those who are anti-Israeli foreign policy of being anti-semitic, and no one wants to be accused of that. I don't, because I'm not anti-semitic.

I separate the church and the state on this issue, no matter how inter-woven the identity of church and state might be with Israel.

I mean, I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. By the same token, I don't identify Judaism with the aggressive tactics taken on by conservatives within Israel.

Like I said, this is a state of Israel issue, not an issue of Judaism, and I think Israel is dead wrong on the way it's handled Gaza for well over a decade.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

wfw

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

However, in this case, Hamas has been launching unprovoked rocket attacks into Israel for a week. I hate to say it, but they did it first. Now they're acting all indignant because Israel stuffed a few up their ass. If anything, Israel is too patient and restrained.

One of these days, they're going to say fuck it and use the big one.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What if your angry neighbor continued to throw fireworks into your backyard when your children were playing in the backyard?

How long would you allow your children to be at risk?

All of the historical reasons for this crap aside, how long is Israel supposed to just sit on its hands and allow its citizens to be targets before it retaliates?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Was that a typo? ...

9. Songbird

Devastating shot.

(AP Photo)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I hate to see this...but, sadly, there is no solution to this problem until one side wipes the other off the face of this earth.

And, since that's not going to happen, this is never going to end.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Not as bad as MSNBC, which has been rerunning old news magazine shows most of the weekend. No Hardball on Friday.

12. Songbird

Draft saved Draft deleted