1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel hits Beirut;Hezbollah rockets Israel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Hate is a product of disinformation. Correct that and you remove the hate. This isn't pie-in-the-sky thinking, it is FACT.

Recent studies show that Muslims who were born and raised in Europe and America have a predominantly favorable attitude of Americans, Europeans and the Jewish population. Muslims who were born and raised in the Middle East do not. Why is this?

According to your logic (the statement "pie-in-the-sky thinking") this is just some freak incident. In reality, the views of those born and raised in America and Europe were obtained through experience and interaction. Instead of getting pounded with hate from anyone and everyone, the discover the truth.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

My mother's best friend and neighbor, who is from Lebanon, took her 8 year old triplets with her to Lebanon. When they arrived, it was around the start of the war. They were held in the airport and could not leave. They left the airport before anything happened. Right now they are trapped in Lebanon and we haven't talked to them since that time. 

3. Chuck~Taylor

There are many reasons why Muslims who live in the Middle East hate America and Europe. One of the reasons is the Arab media. I think journalism in most Arab countries is a joke. When 9/11 occured, a story on the paper said that the US government wanted 9/11 to occur. The only Arab media that actually tells the truth is the media in the United Arab Emirates. They actually do a great job. I think if the Middle East acted more like the countries in the UAE, it would be perfect. Another reason for the hate is that Arab Muslims used to be at the top of world in things such as science and technology. Right now, America and Europe has taken that place. This brings a jealousy to the Arabs. When you generate that kind of hate, it takes over your life. This is were Al Qaida comes in. I think I've said this before that Al Qaida is like a cult. They take innocent Muslims who are at the lowest points in their life and make them feel that it is all because of the Americans. As a proud American Muslim, I hope people in the Middle East can wake up. Blowing up yourself is not the key to winning. A Muslim blows him self up because he thinks he's joining in the fight for Islam. Going to a public place and blowing up yourself while killing inocent people is considered a terrible act in Islam. When you look at Islamic "rules", you'll see that God says that it is wrong to kill yourself and kill innocent people. God put people on this earth to live...not die.

4. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

awesome post.

5. Chuck~Taylor

thanks.....

6. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

Johnny, do you think moderate muslims are doing enough to counteract the growing support of these radicals, or as some have said, they must play to their muslim roots - radical or not - and support them against israel and the us for fear of their own lives, power, etc.

7. Chuck~Taylor

You just said it right there. If a group of moderate muslims can tell the radical muslims to go shove it, I think it would make people wake up and see that Al Qaeda, and other terrorists groups, are setting Muslims back instead of forward.

8. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

but why are egypt, saudi and jordan not doing that..or do you think they may be but more low-key...and how much impact do you think iran's president saying that the only way the crisis will end is when israel is destoyed will have? appreciate your insight.

9. Chuck~Taylor

I think it's actually fear of feeling like the "Benedict Arnold" of the Middle East. I'm waiting for the first Middle Eastern country to stand up and say "Listen. Al Qaeda is messed up. All Muslims should start to realize that Al Qaeda is setting us back. Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups go against everything that Islam stands for etc." As for the Irani president, personally, I think the guy is a jackass. He makes statements that also go against Islam. An example was when he said that he knew that the Day of Judgement, or the Apocalypse, was nearby. In Islam, it is known that only God knows when the Day of Judgement will occur and anyone who says that they know when it will happen is wrong. And him saying that Israel should be blown away is shows his ignorance. My vision of the holy land is a place were Muslims,Jews, and Christians come PEACEFULLY to practice their religions. I'll say this again, God put people on this earth to live, not to die.

10. Chuck~Taylor

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/israel-attacks-lebanons-christian/20060728045409990004?ncid=NWS00010000000001

your thoughts?...

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

There are many reasons why Muslims who live in the Middle East hate America and Europe. One of the reasons is the Arab media. I think journalism in most Arab countries is a joke. When 9/11 occured, a story on the paper said that the US government wanted 9/11 to occur. The only Arab media that actually tells the truth is the media in the United Arab Emirates. They actually do a great job. I think if the Middle East acted more like the countries in the UAE, it would be perfect. Another reason for the hate is that Arab Muslims used to be at the top of world in things such as science and technology. Right now, America and Europe has taken that place. This brings a jealousy to the Arabs. When you generate that kind of hate, it takes over your life. This is were Al Qaida comes in. I think I've said this before that Al Qaida is like a cult. They take innocent Muslims who are at the lowest points in their life and make them feel that it is all because of the Americans. As a proud American Muslim, I hope people in the Middle East can wake up. Blowing up yourself is not the key to winning. A Muslim blows him self up because he thinks he's joining in the fight for Islam. Going to a public place and blowing up yourself while killing inocent people is considered a terrible act in Islam. When you look at Islamic "rules", you'll see that God says that it is wrong to kill yourself and kill innocent people. God put people on this earth to live...not die.
    So you are saying that Muslims hate because of:
    1. Jealousy
    2. Disinformation

Well, since number 2 is what I had been saying, I'll address the jealousy part...

Nope, not jealousy. It is interference. It is the military base that exists in Saudi Arabia. It is the lifestyles we live. These things are mostly classified as sins to them.

When it comes to extremists, which you bring up later on, there isn't one religion where the moderates try to shout down the extremists. When was the last time you had an outwardly spoken Christian declare Pat Robertson a moron for blaming homosexuals for weather patterns?

Sure, these people exist and they do exist in all religions, yet they are never provided with the type of forum that the extremists receive. There is never a concerned group effort to out position the extremists or to curtail their efforts.

As to the recent bombings... just more of the same. I see no difference in bombing one area over the other in regards to the religious occupants in that land.

12. Chuck~Taylor

First of all, it is the mixture of jealousy and the media that, I think, causes hatred. All they see on TV is Muslims being killed here and there. But with this fact, I cannot disagree with them. I don't care what is going on, innocent people should not be killed. Period. And then they see America and they watch how we have all these things that Middle Easterners don't have right now.The Middle East used to be at the top. Second of all, there's a difference between Pat Robertson and Al-Qaeda. Pat Robertson isn't going to go and blow him self up while killing innocent people. Pat Robertson didn't cause 9/11. Pat Robertson dosn't start wars. Pat Robertson isn't a cult.

Draft saved Draft deleted