1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel hits Beirut;Hezbollah rockets Israel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Compassionate conservatism in a bouillion cube.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

More a commentary on the well-duh thread title, but since you asked ....

How about starting work on a hydrogen economy stat? Then in 15-20 years, Syria and Iran can give each other oil enemas till the camels come home. Till then, Israel can take care of itself.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, a hydrogen economy will make Hezbollah an all the other terrorist groups stop seeking the eradication of all Jews.

I can't believe how stupid people can be on this board.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hating Jews is one thing.

Hating Jews and being funded with petromoney from Syria and Iran to eradicate them is a totally different thing.

Hating Jews, being funded with petromoney from Syria and Iran to eradicate them, and using wheelbarrows full of said petromoney to purchase a suitcase nuke or two from Pakistan is a glimpse into hell I do not desire to make.

Without money, Hezbollah is a small-time outfit which is barely on Israel's radar. But guess where they get their money? And guess where their sources get the money?

I can't believe how stupid people can be on this board.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

There is no solution. There will never be 'peace' as long as Israel exists, and it must always exist, in some way. You can blow it off the map, it will come back somewhere else.  The Jewish people have lived for 6000 years in exile, less the last 60 years since Israel declared statehood. There is not a single Jew in the world who expects there to ever be peace and universal acceptance of Israel or its people.

It will go on and on as it has, some war, some peace, some war, some peace.  You can't kill hate.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Good post.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There wouldn't be permanent peace even if Israel didn't exist. Or were those 23,000 wars before 1948 my imagination?

Israel is not a cause for war; it is just a damn convenient excuse. Sucks for them. Sucks for us.

But minus Israel, people of hate would invent another excuse. They always have.

A more accurate statement might read . . .

"There will never be permanent peace as long as oil exists under Islamic ground."

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

As 21 succinctly points out, you can't kill hate.

The only way you can defeat hate is through education.

You look at the countries around Israel and you see the poverty. Someone, something, somewhere must be blamed. It is beneficial to those in power to keep their populace in line. Keep the informative voice on message. Deliver the religious spiel. The uneducated poor don't know any better.

Maybe we can put the Isreal land on hold for a little while, sort of like a developer sitting on an unoccupied piece of land. Then, we can crack off a piece of Texas and call it New Isreal. This way the Isrealis can finally learn what it is like to have neighbors that don't want to kill you and they'll have the option to move back when the surrounding areas have figured out that their problems aren't the result of their neighbor's existence.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Lex Luthor, ruler of New Israel . . . "

Is that anywhere near the planet Houston?

10. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I'm as liberal as they come around here. But on this issue, I am with pallister, hondo, ACQB, Lou, etc.

On behalf of my people, who have wandered and been hunted for 6000 years. Get. The. Fuck. Off. Me.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You can't defeat hate thru education either. That's pie-in-the-sky thinking.

12. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

With education, you can put a slight dent in it. But no, you can't defeat hate with education when hate is firing rockets at you.

Draft saved Draft deleted