1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel airstrike kills 34 children and 12 others

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/34-youths-among-56-dead-in-israeli/20060728045409990004?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Your thoughts?..........

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

War is hell.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So much for winning hearts and minds on the Arab street.

As if Israel cared.

Buckle up, kiddoes. This is going to be a long, nasty war. Just what Doctor Wolfowitz ordered ....

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And we had how many senseless killings here in the U.S. last night? It's a sorry situation but we can't even fix our own problems. What makes anyone think we can solve the problems of the middle east?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's very, very sad.

My main question, and I know you might not like it, Chuck, is why Hizbollah would provoke these attacks, hide among civilians and then complain about the results?

I deplore the civilian casualties. In Irag, in Lebanon, everywhere. But I also don't think Israel should be back down. They were attacked, and by forces in Lebanon.

Hizbollah called down the thunder, and they're going to get it.

6. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

that is how they work. they provoke attacks in areas full of civilians, Israel responds and then hexbollah plays the PR card of look how many civilians you killed. it's how they gain favor over there.

it amazes me that these people aren't pissed at hezbollah for putting them in danger, but it's not a surprise considering all the shit hezbollah gives its followers - health care, schools and other shit.

i think if this new resolution with a big buffer and an international force that can acutally do something pans out, then things should be ok.

and one other thing. lebanon is praising hezbollah for what it has done - not the attacks, but everything since. does that not show people that they are condoning terrorism and putting their people at risk for a small portion of their population? these people are fucking whacked.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Everyone regrets the collateral damage, but it's gonna get worse.

It's high time for some Starman justice (if that term applies here). As stated above, these fuckers asked for it, and now they're gonna get a belly full of it.

And a buffer won't stop anything but mortars. The ranges on some of thier rockets is upwards of 40 miles.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Won't be long and nasty if Israel gets eradicated.

I have a queasy feeling that Israel is a short-timer.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm. Would this make you a realist, or an indifferent and uncaring ass?

10. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

Let me throw this out. If Israel really wanted to, it could have blown up all of Lebanon by now - with ease. Are they making some mistakes with the buildings they hit? Maybe they are. Innocent people have died, and that is terrible, but you're dealing with people who don't give a shit if you kill innocent people. they will, however, use it to their benefit, but they don't care.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You talkin' about a nuke???

12. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

Israel has one of the best damn armies in the world. if someone sends a nuke at them, you can best believe that country and all of its friends are probably going down to. that said, i don't think it would go to that stage. those guys may be fanatical and out of their mind, but are they really that stupid? wait, maybe they are.

Draft saved Draft deleted