1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn't it ironic?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It continues to amaze me that the same people who accuse conservatives of waging a "war on women" are so quick to defend followers of a bastard religion that has truly waged a horrific war on women since the beginning of its recorded history.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Defending their right to exist is not the same thing as defending their treatment of women. I can vehemently disagree with people, yet still have the compassion to see it as a tragedy when they die. Apparently, that is beyond many folks on this site.

Fundamental Christianity and Judiasm stifle the rights of women, too. That doesn't mean all Christians and Jews are against women's rights. But we have folks like you lumping all Muslims together.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

What does that mean?

You're belittling those efforts, and/or me, for being involved in them? I'll be sure and let one of the missionaries I know, who has lived, and worked, and raised a family, in Pakistan for many years, and who has actually become a part of her community -- and the underground Christian community -- there, who got targeted and shot in the face by ISIS-connected terrorists about three months ago, who has just returned to there, to continue her work and her life, with her Pakistani-native Christian husband, know that.

I love your posts, JC. (Why, apparently, don't we have blue font anymore?)...Nice, little three- and four-word bursts that are sure to actually say nothing, and share nothing, about yourself, or anything else, but yet manage to insult and denigrate others of substance whom you choose. Why don't you actually contribute something, or else, get lost?

BDC99 likes this.
  4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

There has to be a Muslim on the UVa coaching staff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.