1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isiah Thomas has a new sidekick..

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 28, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Former Raptor GM Glen Grunwald is joining the Knicks. He and Thomas played together at Indiana.

Grunwald may have been the best liked GM Raptors have had. Seemed like a up front sorta guy and certainly wasn't a weasel like Thomas.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&pubid=968163964505&cid=1159437774452&col=968705899037&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

ok. i just saw the ad below this post... on mine, at least, it said, 'see kwame brown play live' -- what the fuck kind of advertising is that? fuck, we all know kwame brown can't play dead, much less live

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Mine said "Cheap Auto Insurance," which is presumably what Isaiah is going to be selling by this time next year.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I got the Kwame Brown one, and this little nugget:

Journalists' shield law
    See news, info on current siege of subpoenas targeting journalists.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Glen Grunwald graduated HS the same year I did, although for some funny reason he's a couple years older than me; but I still remember seeing his picture in Street & Smith's as the top prep player in the nation. :eek: :eek:

I think I'd have stuck with the Toronto Board of Trade, if I were him -- what do you think the job expectancy for Isiah's personal hires has to be at this point?

I mean, when Isiah gets fired, everybody he hired gets fired too, right??

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Hopefully, Isiah gets fired out of a fucking howitzer. Shell Pennsylvania's countryside with that dickhead.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Grunwald had a really good gig up here at the Toronto Board of Trade.

He married a Toronto Sun /Star (?) journalist whose name I've forgotten

The first year he was GM of the awful Raptor's he went to centre court on the last day of the regular season and apologized to all the fans.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think Isiah is grooming his successor on personnel moves, I bet. I'm guessing Dolan told Isiah to hire some help.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I hope he kept that speech handy.

10. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

Glen is a terrific, down-to-Earth person and a good judge of basketball talent. It's true that this could be a short-term gig. However, when your heart is in the game......

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

knowing isaiah's track record he's probably bringing in his buddy so he can fire the guy once the shit hits the fan.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nothing can stop that now, Luke. :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted