1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isiah Thomas gets to restart his coaching career in college

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090414/ap_on_sp_co_ne/bkc_fiu_coaching_search_3<blockquote>MIAMI – Isiah Thomas is on the verge of starting his coaching career over at Florida International.

The Hall of Fame point guard and former New York Knicks coach is deliberating whether to take over FIU's basketball program, a person with knowledge of the school's search told The Associated Press on Monday night.

The person, speaking on condition of anonymity because university officials have not authorized anyone to reveal search details, said FIU was "very hopeful" that a deal could be closed with Thomas on Tuesday morning. He would replace Sergio Rouco, who was ousted after five consecutive losing seasons, including a 13-20 campaign this year.

If Thomas accepts, he would be introduced in Miami on Wednesday. He did not immediately respond to messages left on his phone by The Associated Press on Monday night.</blockquote>Now I'm just going to sit back and wait for the hounds to show up.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This won't end well.

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Too bad he isn't willing to become a college scout, because his draft record is actually quite good:

Damon Stoudamire, Marcus Camby, Tracy McGrady, David Lee, Wilson Chandler. Pretty good reserves in Trevor Ariza and Renaldo Balkman. Made draft-day deal for Nate Robinson.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's like Florida International went out of its way to find the one guy in New York loathed more than the coach at Florida Atlantic.

Congratulations. That's a job well done.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

With Isiah Thomas in it, how long will the NCAA stay alive?

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hey, an automatic W for North Texas!

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

There's always another program to infect.

Quick! The Flit!

8. If Florida International has an endowment, I advise them to convert it to gold and bury it out behind the library.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If I'm a basketball player at Florida International, I'm filling out transfer papers.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Don't bother. Isiah will offer you to the Clippers in exchange for Zach Randolph.

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Really? I'd think that people would be giving the place a closer look because it's Isiah Thomas.

12. Yes, but most of the people in the FBI have used up their eligibility.

Draft saved Draft deleted