1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is what we do demeaning?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Sep 27, 2007.

1. So any questioning of the "way things are" is grounds to "grow a set" and "get the hell out of the industry."

Nice.

2. This is like the 10,000th time I've read "buckweaver" act like no one loves the business like he does. He doesn't get paid much, he's not at a big paper, but oh how he loves it, etc., etc., etc. Yada, yada, yada.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Buck is at a pretty big paper.
    You are coming off very thin skinned. If you are expecting a bunch of folks on this board to hold your hand and listen to you bitch, then you don't know much about this site.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

So this part of the offer wasn't actually genuine.

You're getting an honest response to the question you asked, and to the manner in which you asked it. You used the word "demeaning" to describe our work. Were you hoping for sympathy or empathy thereafter?

This job, any job, is only ever what you make of it.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Thank you for once again putting it much more eloquently than me.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't know. But it's won a Pulitzer, so maybe it'd be a good destination for Pulitzer_Wannabe.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

This thread makes my brain hurt.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hungry Horse News' circ is around 3K, and yes, it did win a Pulitzer. :D

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Plus, there are worse places to live than the Flathead Valley. I think it'd be perfect for Pulitzer_Wannabe!

10. I was attacked by spnited almost immediately. But I guess that part was OK.

So I'm a little frustrated tonight, a little gloomy over not being able to make any connections with the people I cover, repeatedly. And knowing they're trained that way, that I and everyone else in the media is the enemy.

I'm guessing some of you haven't covered big-time college football on a regular basis. That's not an insult. I just get that feeling because anyone who has knows how frustrating it can get.

And now I'm a big punchline, that's great. I'm glad you guys are junior high kids who can gang up on someone. Very grown up.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You can get Fat Tire and Moose Drool there. What more do you really need?

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

How do you know what we cover?
    Man, you are an arrogant prick.
    I find this thread very demeaning.

Draft saved Draft deleted