1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is too much being made of Moss comment?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Nov 15, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

This just struck me as a little over the top, Randy Moss saying that his concentration lags when he's in a bad mood. WWL made a point to put the entire quote on the screen during SportsCenter, but to me it was pretty innocuous. Dude's admitting to being human. It's like pro athletes don't get to be normal at all. I know Moss has has his share of foibles, but this seemed unnecessary. Discuss ...

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

If ESPN says it's a big deal, it's a HELLUVA big deal.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

It's like Bobby Knight. It's a pattern, In this case it's the all-about-me behavior.

Just once, I'd love to hear a prick such as himself or TO just fucking apologize.

"I'm sorry that I shit on McNabb, he's a great player and I fucked that up....."

"I'm sorry I left the field early in Washington. I know it was an awful message to my teammates and youngsters who may wear my jersey at anywhere between $50 and $400 a pop. I screwed up. No one else."

If either of these flaccid hot dogs would show the slightest humility, the fans would embrace the fuckers.

4. novelist_wannabe

Yeah, Mr. Falk, I know all that, and when the dude does or says something newsworthy, ball means, report it. This just felt like ESPN making something out of nothing. I mean, whose concentration doesn't lag when they're in a bad mood?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

you know, whose concentration DOESN'T lag when they are in a bad mood...

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If someone working at Best Buy said their concentration was lagging and they were rude to a customer because they were in a bad mood, they'd be out on their ear.
    Randy Moss, not TO, is the poster child for the modern spoiled asshole athlete. Say what you want about TO, but at least he plays hard.

7. this is a joke, right? you don't mean this?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes, I'm sure that's what happened to the warm, friendly checkout woman who waited on me there Sunday...

9. novelist_wannabe

The way that should read:
    If someone working at Best Buy said their concentration was lagging and they forgot to push a service plan on a customer because they were in a bad mood, they'd be out on their ear.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Better. Customer service isn't exactly a priotity with those jackasses.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No one wants to hear pampered athletes make excuses for poor performance. You got the contract, now play up to it.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're talking about a guy who was once on pace to threaten Jerry Rice's records now reduced to Ernest Wilford-like status because he just doesn't give a shit. I'd say there should be more made of this.

Draft saved Draft deleted