1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this wrong?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rhody31, May 26, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Four words Rhody:

Not Your Fucking Business

Four more:
    Do YOUR fucking job.

One more thing:

And when (if) the SE from the other paper calls me and says "Who does your guy Rhody think he is ratting out my writer to me, without knowing any of the details?" ..Then I have 4 more words for you

RHODY, YOU'RE FUCKING FIRED!

2. Ouch.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sorry, W-B.
    What the guy from the competition does is NOT EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE my writer's concern, unless he's flat out plagiartzing us... which obviously is not the case here.
    You e-mail the SE of another paper wiothout talking to your superiors first.. your fucking ass is outta here.

4. Actually, I was agreeing with you. I should have been more clear.

You spelled it out right nicely, even made me flinch.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and here i was going to throw in my 2 cents.

obviously not needed.

6. i can't wait till we cover a track meet together and you don't show up on time

I'm calling your sports editor

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

spnited might be a crusty old bastard, but he's very much right.

8. chazp

chazp Active Member

In my area, one high school usually has more folks show up at the volleyball matches than will show up later in the year at the boy's basketball games.
    This school hosted a sub-state playoff match I covered. I was freaking shocked at how many people were there, the school's AD told me after the match the paid attendance was over 400.

9. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I was covering a baseball game the other day, and my competition clearly got up and went to the bathroom during an inning, missing multiple batters, and he still filed a story. I'm awaiting a response from his publisher.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

No way. Always required. Get typing.

11. chazp

chazp Active Member

[blue]Piss breaks are not allowed in the sports writing industry, nor should they be.[/blue]

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It explains a lot of why you dress the way you do.

Draft saved Draft deleted