1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this the infamous list of the failed steroid tests from 2003?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by broadway joe, Jun 30, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have heard people argue that the entire list should be published. You hit on one of the many reasons it should not. It wouldn't settle anything. The players not on the list would still be unders suspicion because pretty much everybody is unders suspicion now.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If it were published on TMZ I would believe it.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Or he could have been using something they weren't testing for -- HGH, EPO or an as yet undetectable designer steroid.

Not testing positive is no longer proof someone is clean.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

"Give or take a few" sounds like reckless disregard for the truth to me.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Marcus Giles isn't on there. That's a pretty good indication it's not authentic.

This smacks of the fake Mitchell Report list that went floating around in the days before the actual report came out ... the one that had Pujols and several other big names on it. Then when we got the actual report, there weren't many revelations other than Clemens and Pettitte ... a lot of Paul Lo Ducas and Darren Holmeses.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's getting play all over now, and the liars who posted it to start with will have hell to pay in the end:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1896618/2003_steroid_list_potentially_leaked.html?cat=14

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Ain't the Internet great?

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Hey, you DB'd me!

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I scored RotoInfo/TBL level FAIL!

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Just because ....

[​IMG]

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thank you F_Bat. Double Down had to have been twitching without knowing why.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And I clicked on the link. They put "Rumored" and "Unconfirmed" with it. Yet ran it. I fear for the Republic.

Draft saved Draft deleted