1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this irony?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by fromthebluegrass, Apr 28, 2007.

1. I backed into a parked car leaving traffic school today (I was in school for a speeding ticket).

And of course I hit a guy's company car. My big fear now is that poor, struggling me will have to pay for some scratched off paint for a pharmaceutical representative's car. Knowing my luck, I will have caused some kind of body damage that will be expensive, but not quite my deductable. I am going to stop driving.

I know I don't post much, but I appreciate the place to vent.

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I backed into a guy's truck at a nursing home once. In the same car I once scraped along the side of a building. That car replaced the car I totalled by hitting a cow. Sadly, it met its demise when I ran it into a lightpole.

I was a bad driver for a while.

3. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

Three words: Traffic School Online

4. pallister

pallister Guest

You hit a cow?

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

A cow.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

About a month ago I backed into a car at the parking deck of the office where I work two days a week. Was trying to go home to retrieve a notebook I'd forgotten, nearly went head-on with a car coming up the deck, and as I backed up to let her through, I tagged a minivan.

I tracked down the owner of the van, and we decide the damage wasn't worth dragging insurance in. Unfortunately, her minivan was dark and the garage was dark, so neither of us saw the rather sizeable dent in her back door, just the small one in both our bumpers.

We exchange e-mails, and she tells me she'll get an estimate. I didn't hear from her for three weeks.

And wouldn't you know it, a week after that accident, I get involved in the one I posted about earlier this month -- guy runs a stop sign, t-bones me and flips my truck.

But now I'm going to have to have insurance take care of the first accident, since the damage is too much to pay for out of pocket. There was a little damage to my truck, but obviously now that's not an issue1. My rates will probably go up, but at least I won't get cancelled, which was making me very concerned.

Somehow I keep driving without peeing my pants in fear. Given my personality, this is no minor fear. When I was a teenager, I was a passenger in a minor wreck that so spooked me that I didn't get my driver's license until I was nearly 23.

1 -- I retrieved some stuff out of my wrecked truck a week ago. I was going to take pictures to post, but I was too spooked. The roof had caved in completely on the passenger side and a little on my side. The cab was full of broken glass, and I could see my blood smeared on the ceiling. If someone was with me then, they wouldn't have been with us now. As it was, I count it a pretty significant miracle that I'm not dead or seriously injured. So why am I wasting my second chance by dicking around on the computer today and in a end-of-the-trail job where nobody reads me unless they gave birth to the main character in the story? God I'm depressed. :-\

7. joe

joe Active Member

I hit a cow -- actually several -- in high school driving back late at night from seeing The Firm (no, really; Jimmy Page, you know) in Kansas City. The '72 Dodge Dart was done for after that. The next day at school, I got mooed at all day long.

8. joe

joe Active Member

Oh, and no, it's not irony. Christ.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This cow?

[​IMG]

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I had people coming up to me and complaining of glass in their burgers.

11. Were there cows in the middle of the road or something?

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

You were just trying to tip it, weren't you?

Draft saved Draft deleted