1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this ever OK?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by starrman, Feb 9, 2009.

1. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

What's a well-deserved face?

And Dan, or whoever else might know, aren't the media types who present football HoF cases asked to do so? I mean, this letter starrman posted was voluntary; it reads like a booster club petition or something.

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Wow. Just ... wow.

You already know the answer to your question, starrman. I probably write for one of the smallest markets here, I cover my alma mater, and I work with one of their coaches, and there's no frickin' way I'd dream of pulling something like this.

apeman had it right: Barf.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Well played, sir.

5. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Beat me to it, Martin. That's funny.
    As for the letter, all I can say is ... Wow.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Oh, my. That's just horrible.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

He just tried to capture the spirit of the thing.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Huh? Did I read this right?

The reporter is asking other coaches to vote for said coach for a certain honor??

If the coach EARNS the honor, his peers can see that and vote accordingly without being swayed.

If the reporter wants to write a column expressing his/her sentiments about how great the coach is, he/she certainly can do that. That's more of a platform than most people have access to. Likewise, the paper can name its own all-league team and its own all-league coach if it wants. Wouldn't be the first.

But to openly campaign to other coaches to vote a certain way.... naw!!!

9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

So wrong, in so many ways? I'm curious though about the person who wrote it is. Is it a kid that honestly doesn't know better or someone who should?

10. Kamaki

Kamaki Member

Here's to all that gorgeous snatch in F-L-A.

11. Raisin Ham

Raisin Ham Member

i still say dumptruck institute got screwed by not making the march madness field last year as an at-large entry. pure bullcrap!

Draft saved Draft deleted