1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there such a thing as Chinese Easter?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There's a running gag at work that there's a family of rogue cops with underworld connections that is out to get me.
    They were supposed to get me in 2005 in an initiative called "Common Goal 2005." When 2005 passed and I was still alive, CG 2005 became CGIAIOT (Common Goal in an Infinite Amount of Time) When asked what happened to CG 2005, they said it was success, because the common goal was really to set up CGIAIOT.
    Then there were the "Holiday Offensives" and when each holiday passed and I was still alive, the offensive moved to the next holiday.
    In 2005, there was the Easter Offensive and when Easter passed, they said it was really Chinese Easter...in June.
    When June passed, they said it was really June of the next year. At the end of June, 2006, they said Chinese Easter was moved to another time and nobody knew when it was. And I wouldn't, either...until it was too late.
    My co-workers still maintain that there's really a Chinese Easter, held on a different day than the regular Easter and the Greek Easter.
    Is there really such a holiday?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm confused.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Who stole recipe to secret egg salad?"

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I know that there's apparently no such thing as Chinese Democracy.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Did you just say 'The rines were crossed'? [/Seinfeld]

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Actually, it's called the Tiny Asian Easter.

7. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

That was forever known as the Easter when we were introduced to Chinese turkey.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Just like children in North America, Chinese kids celebrate this holiday by eating special Easter treats.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Yes, lots of kids will enjoy their Easter egg roll.

10. ..and an hour later, you rise again.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Simply outstanding.

Draft saved Draft deleted