1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any interest in a running "great piece" thread?

Discussion in 'Writers' Workshop' started by hockeybeat, Sep 16, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

After reading the Wash Post story that Headbutt linked, I began to think.

We post a lot of links to great stories. And that's great; it's one of the benefits of this board. Everyone can read and learn and improve, no matter what type of writer or desker you are; young, old; newspaper, magazine, book, website.

So I thought that it would be easy to have a running thread where we post great pieces.

What does the assembled SportsJournalists.com braintrust think?
  2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I thought that was what the Professional Readings thread was for, but I'm willing to concede that I could be way off base.
  3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Post 'em in Professional Readings, hb, and I'll think of a thread title that sounds less like medicine. Thanks.
  4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Maybe we can have Professional Readings -- Honorable Mention ... that way I can hold out faint hope.

Sigh, etc
  5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Mr. Beat,

I tried, once, in vain to start a similar thread, but dropped the idea because I felt I was posting for an audience of very few. You can pick through the bones of that thread here, or attempt to blow life into it as you wish.

Draft saved Draft deleted