1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there actually press-box etiquette?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by The_Equalizer, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Stupid

Stupid Member

Winkler actually did the voice of the Fonz on those cartoons?

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I'm sorry -- playing in four versions of the same series (Law and Order) doesn't count for me, although I suppose you could make the argument (I don't) that Green Acres and Petticoat Junction were similarly linked.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok, you can't tell font sizes, either. Now I understand

4. Stupid

Stupid Member

I don't consider those L&O shows to be spinoffs as is the case with Green Acres & Petticoat Junction. Based on what I've read about the matter, the powers that were at CBS decided to link the Beverly Hillbillies with PJ after a season or 2. My hazy recollection of PJ (and clearer one of GA) doesn't include any mountains in the landscape so I guess the CBS guys took artistic license with that one.

Now, has it ever been determined if the Clampetts were from Appalachia or the Ozarks? I say the Ozarks, either Arkansas or southern Missoura.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Wasn't it Bugtussle, Arkansas?

6. Stupid

Stupid Member

Bugtussle, but I never heard the state mentioned. There's a Bugtussle, KY but not one in AR, as far as I know.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Big Hillbillies fan and I always thought they were from Tennessee.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, it was inconsistent...
    I felt the Hillbillies were from Tennessee and GA/PJ were downstate Illinois...
    yet, when they were tied in together at times, it seemed like Arkansas/Missouri.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I went to IMDB too ... and I think the Sam Drucker answer may be invalid.

Frank Cady was far from alone in appearing on all three series. I should have known this.

Edgar Buchanan (Joe Carson), Tom Lester (Eb Dawson) and Eva Gabor (Lisa Douglas) all saw time on all three series in those characters.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And as a bonus, so was Lori Saunders -- but she never played a Bradley sister on the Billies... she was always cast as a bank secetary

And let us not forget Bea Benedaret -- Kate Bradley and Pearl Bodine

11. funny episode

Norm and Cliff decide that after years of sitting in the bar they need to break out and do something different, so they fly over to Cape Cod for the weekend and wind up in a bar that's a near replica of Cheers, sitting in the same relative spots and talking about how great it is to take risks in life and try new things

hilarity ensues

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

Hell, I always thojught the Beverly Hillbillies were from West Virginia. Learn something new every day. Too bad it couldn't be something useful today. Better luck tomorrow, I suppose.

Draft saved Draft deleted