1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a website that can host for free an auction draft with keepers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jan 25, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I am in a NL-only, keeper, auction league that I enjoy a lot.

I would love to organize an AL-only, keeper, auction league with members of this board. I really do not want money exchanging hands, but if we had to pay $20 to an online site, I could deal with that.

Does anyone know of a website that can accommodate this?

I think Yahoo will do keepers with a draft, but I love the auction aspect of my other league. We do long-term contracts for our home-grown players. It's not make or break, but I do really like the auction. A draft could work as well.

Oh, we also lock in minor leaguers as part of the keepers. For example, I have had Colby Rasmus for two years now.

If anyone is interested in doing a keeper, AL-only league, I guess that would be the best place to start.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

ESPN had it for football this year. It was the first time. Maybe they will have it for baseball.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I'd be interested.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I will keep my eyes open.

Minor league players could be kept on a separate spread sheet, and trust me, the minor league players makes everything very, very cool, but without an auction, they become less valuable.

I have a Constitution in my other league that I could rework to fit this league as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted