1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a place in the Hall for this man?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

As a Lakers fan, I hated Joe Dumars because of the 1989 Finals, specifically Game 3, when he went bananas. Jerk.

Remember when Fennis Dembo was a big deal in college? Him and Derrick Chievous.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I saw Rodman change many games during his creer. he was a terrific defender and rebounder. Those were his attributes. He was also an outstanding passer. The problem that i see is that when it comes to Rodman, few separate the player from the freak. The player was pretty damn good, worthy of serious mention for the hall.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Welp, I was three years old during the 89 finals. I do not remember them, or Fennis' great career at Wyoming.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Dennis Rodman's high-water mark for assists/per game was 3.1. For his career, his brilliant passing produced 1.8 assists per game.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Interesting stuff Starman. I wouldn't think that his career mark was that low. However, I saw begin many a fastbreak and have to admit, he wasn't bad at getting the party started on or off the court.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You couldn't build a team around Rodman. You could have someone with skills equivalent to Rodman's as a key ingredient to a successful playoff run.

Notice I didn't say you could have Rodman as the key ingredient. You could when he was being coached by Chuck Daly, whom I believe he still had great admiration for even when he was at his freakishest. But not when he was seemingly changing his hair color every other night and getting one thing pierced or tattooed and saying every batshit insane thing you could imagine.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Rodman would garner more serious consideration if his behavior hadn't been so wacky.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Which is just about the same in career stats as Sabonis, who was the best passing center of the past 25 years.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Sabonis would've been better if he had given up drinking.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So maybe passing from a big man just isn't very valuable?

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but the fact that there is even a discussion about Rodman going to the Hall of Fame is this week's sign of the apocalypse. I mean, if we're going to discuss Rodman as a candidate, why not Kurt Rambis?

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Rambis wasn't as good of a player as Rodman was IMO.

Draft saved Draft deleted