1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a cooler MF on earth than Clive Owen?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Apr 2, 2008.

1. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Good thread. And yes, I really enjoyed "Inside Man."

Now, the funny thing with Paul Newman - For the other 5 of you who saw that movie of his "Where the Money's At" there's one scene in there where he's talking to Linda Fiorentino and he smiles and I'm like, "Damn, he's not acting. That's just him." Same thing with "Nobody's Fool" - He's got several scenes in there, especially with Melanie Griffith, where I'm thinking, "Ya, just being himself." And as cool as he is, keep in mind - His first megahit was "The Hustler" with Jackie Gleason, who was so damn cool in that movie he made Newman look boring (hell, Gleason gets cool points for doing all his own pool shots).

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

The Hustler was amazing, movies about pool are always good in my book. I am the only one in my circle of friends that liked Color of Money. The other guys said it sucked if for no other reason than Tom Cruise was way to over the top.

Draft saved Draft deleted