1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the city of Baltimore no better than the Irsays?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 12, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Baltimore played by the rules in trying to its team back, or a team, every year since Irsay backed up the moving Vans. Other teams used Baltimore as leverage to get better stadium deals, Bidwill used Baltimore in moving from St. Louis and the NFL used Baltimore by teasing the possibly of an expansion team, just to drive up the price of the teams the NFL really wanted. Taglibue even told Baltimore to spend the money on schools or museum. \Baltimore got a CFL franchise and filled up Memorial Stadium, just to show the NFL that Baltimore was a football town. Tagliabue just scoffed.

Baltimore understands that Cleveland lost their team, just like Baltimore lost the Colts. But, the NFL let Irsay fuck Baltimore 1st, the NFL did nothing to bring an Historic franchise back to Baltimore or it's traditions. Baltimore waited 15 years, and tried to play the expansion game properly, and got nothing for it. So Baltimore welcomed Modell and the Ravens, and won a Super Bowl. While Cleveland still waits and the Irsay still chokes.

The fault lies with Tagliabue for the Colts leaving & the Browns leaving and not awarding Baltimore an expansion team at the first possible moment.

Baltimore has a lot of dolts, but they get this.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fuckabuncha Baltimore, Fuckabuncha Ravens, Fucka BUNCHA Colts fans, and Fuckabuncha Art Modell.

Die, motherfucker, die.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Don't get Baltimorons started on the Colts.

Don't get Clevelanders started on Art Modell or the exodus to Bawlmer.

At the same time, the Ravens fans are drunk with joy over a team that wasn't rightfully theirs to begin with, and cannot wait to piss all over Peyton Manning if their team wins this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if a Ravens fan does piss on Peyton Manning if that's the case. (But that presumption is another story for another day.)

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

See? Spoken like a true Cleveland fan.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

so you're saying... ?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That right. And Cleveland got shafted by Baltimore because, well, the only city in the country more ass backwards and full of dimwitted fools and crack heads than Baltimore is Cleveland.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So tell us how you really feel, IJAG. ;)

(Not that I blame her. [F]Art Modell is scum, and I don't think much more of the Irsays.)

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Nope. There's still Gary, Ind.

9. Glad to see you checked in.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Honestly, and I say this without a hint of anything other than pure, unadulterated hatred:

The day Art Modell dies will be the happiest of my life. I will celebrate as if the rapture were upon us (and if I were Christian, in that case). I will dance, and sing, and learn to do cartwheels just for that one day.

Oh, how the sun will shine when that fucking asshole gets dropped into the ground to become worm food. I just hope it's a slow, excruciating death.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There's our girl... ;)

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Ah, that takes me back to when I was living in Cleveland, circa 1996, the first fall with no Browns in 50 years. IJAG's position on Modell, in political terms, in Cleveland at that time would have been considered "moderate."

The greatest thing was the Browns radio station broadcasted the Ravens game, but with no locals ads. Instead, you heard ads for stuff to buy and do in Baltimore. That's because the Cleveland station didn't even try to sell sponsorships -- what Cleveland business would want to be associated with the Ravens? The bumpers were stuff like "for better or worse, you're listening to Ravens football on WTAM," or something else apologetic.

Draft saved Draft deleted