1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Stairway to Heaven really the best song ever? (Not exactly a music thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Mar 31, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks Led Zepplin and Stairway to Heaven are overrated?

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Re: Is Stairway to Heaven really the best song ever? (Not exactly a music thread

Give me a bowl of weed and the Exile CD. Or, failing that, just the Exile CD.

3. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Lemon Song. and Four Sticks.

As for Pink Floyd...I have Dark Side of the Moon on LP. Great Gig in the Sky is the last song on Side 1, and I'd be hard pressed to find a song that perfectly wraps up one side of the album like that does. Turn it up and tune out.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins' version of it on the Late, Late Show with Craig Kilborn years ago ... classic.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Re: Is Stairway to Heaven really the best song ever? (Not exactly a music thread

"Stairway to Heaven" is overplayed.
    Led Zeppelin aren't overrated...if anything, they're underrated. Classic rock radio has pounded the life out of a handful of their songs, but they've got a pretty deep and diverse catalog. Check out "Led Zeppelin III"...it's got all these acoustic songs on it. Or "Physical Graffiti", which is the greatest hard rock album of all time. Or "In Through the Out Door" which has all these strange songs with keyboards on them....

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'd put my money on Immigrant Song right now, but maybe that's just because I'm in the land of the ice and snow, in the midnight sun (well, in a few months, and not a moment too soon) where the hot springs blow.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's my favorite Zepplin song.

8. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Fixed.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I don't care where you are. If the fields start whispering tales of gore, that's your cue to leave.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yes.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

That's OK. I'm very comfortable with my taste in music.

12. Deskhack

Deskhack Member

I'm partial to "Rain Song" myself. Especially driving down the highway in a thunderstorm.

Draft saved Draft deleted