1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Roseanne kidding?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly. Could not agree more, in fact. My wife watches him every week and I roll my eyes.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Join us next week for another episode of 'Death Valley Days,' presented by Ronald Reagan and brought to you by Boraxo!"

3. Dick Whitman

He's part of the 1 percent.

Ultimately, you gain credibility with what you say and do, not what who you are. Who you are gets you a platform, though.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Give Roseann as much credibility as you would Jamie Dimon.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

There are more than a few times, tho, that the celebrity ends up looking like the smartest person in the room.

6. Dick Whitman

From my limited viewing, those times seem to be extremely, extremely limited. I usually just see them tossing out red meat to Maher's compliant audience.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I look forward to the series of posts acknowledging the soundness of Al Franken's political theory. Or Jesse Ventura's.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Or Fred Grandy's. Or Jim Bunning's. Or JC Watts'. Or Tom Osborne's.

10. Dick Whitman

Trust me. I am no fan of Ronald Reagan. And you can put Franken in my very abbreviated, top-of-my-head list. I think there's a difference between John Mellencamp spouting off from the seat of a talk show set and Al Franken or Tom Osborne actually entering electoral politics. At that point, you're kind of forced to listen.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My favorite Politically Incorrect ever was one when Randy Savage (RIP) was on and two political types were going back and forth on some topic and at some point Maher pointed to Savage to get his opinion and he took off his glasses, pointed to one of the political types and said, "YEAAAAH!"

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Or Fred Thompson. Or Shirley Temple. Or John Glenn. Or Steve Largent. Or George Murphy. Or Jack Kemp.

Draft saved Draft deleted