1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is RG3 done?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Nov 20, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

McCoy just escaped three sacks on the same play, found a receiver in the middle of the field and completed a touch pass for the walk-in TD. Kind of like exactly the play Dan Snyder dreams of Griffin making.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Then, on their next possession, they go for it on fourth and inches, and McCoy, oblivious to the blind side rush like everyone else on that team, gets sacked and fumbles, which is promptly returned for a Colts touchdown.

That's more like it, fellas.

3. LongTimeListener

He is Colt McCoy, after all.

Still an unquestionably better option at this point.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

24/34 294 3 TD 0 INT is pretty damn solid.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

When did this become such a garbage franchise?
    It can't all be Snyder- they went to the divisional round the first year he was there.
    It just seems like this organization is terminally poisoned, the way the Raiders became.

6. LongTimeListener

Yeah, before he started picking the players.

7. MisterCreosote

Almost identical to Kirk Cousins' line in his first start this season.

The sad fact is the Redskins have three quarterbacks on their roster under the age of 28, all taken in the top half of the draft, and none are the long-term solution to anything.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I really think McCoy gets shit on sort of unfairly. So he wasn't amazing in Cleveland right away. He's not terrible. If he had two more inches, he'd have gotten way more chances. I don't think he's any kind of savior, but he's better than "well, he is Colt McCoy."

9. LongTimeListener

CLEARLY YOU HAVE NEVER WATCHED COLT MCCOY PLAY. OR COLT BRENNAN. OR EVER DRANK A COLT .45.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I agree on McCoy and Brennan, but Colt .45 getchum fukt up quick.

11. MisterCreosote

But, in the absolute best-case scenario, what is he going to be for you? A cheaper Alex Smith?

Even in that best-case scenario, he's not someone who should make the Redskins pass on a QB with their first pick this offseason.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Agree with all that. I just watched him play a lot in college and I think he can read defenses well, but it's tough to survive long-term with an average arm and if you're 6-feet tall. I just don't think he's total shit. He was a very good college QB, just like Griffin was. Just different. I just think he never got a real chance to flame out in Cleveland. He deserved at least Brady Quinn's chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted