1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Mo Dowd crazy?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Aug 20, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm telling you that a substantial portion of the electorate (including women) will vote for a 75 year old man before they'd vote for a 65 year old woman. Again, not saying it's right, but it is what it is.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The electorate needs to get out more.

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Sophia Loren for President!

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Mo nailed it. She was the original hot smart girl - Tina Fey ripped off her act.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No need to get all hot and bothered about this. It has always been thus. It's along the same lines as a 30-year-old actress being thought of as "old" and rich old guys who chase (and get, by the way, just so you know women are complicit in this) young women.

6. joe

joe Active Member

I don't know if Dowd is crazy, but YOU try writing a headline for one of her rambling, nonsensical columns. How she ever won a Pulitzer is beyond me.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dear Joe: Dowd won a Pulitzer because she expressed the horror of the establishment that Billl Clinton got a blow job. Also because the Times runs the Pulitzer board through its putative role at Columbia.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Speaking of Drudge-f'ing ... I'd consider it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Maureen Dowd, Jan. 20, 2009

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ah, the magic of makeup, lighting and Photoshop. Here's the less-retouched version:

[​IMG]

Rather grandmotherly, which isn't surprising considering she won't see her 56th birthday again.

And of course, there is her strange obsession with feminine men ... or possibly with feminizing men. Her comparison of Obama to Jane Austen's character Mr. Darcy a couple weeks ago was odd, to say the least.

Draft saved Draft deleted