1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Mo Dowd crazy?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Aug 20, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Except when she rips Bush. Then you people love her.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You mean Bill had standards?

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Desperately lonely, and unfulfilled.

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

i liked it. Nice device. She made her point.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

She hinted at it many times during the campaign.

"I have the experience to lead from Day One . . . Sentator McCain has the experience to lead from Day One . . . Senator Obama does not . . . "

I believe 2012 is her final chance before the Clinton name becomes irrelevant. So yes, sadly, I think she definitely wants McCain to win.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nonsense, if McCain wins, McCain is the favorite in 2012.

Hillary ain't running for Prez when she's 69 years old.

Her window is closing.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Bill will divorce Hilary in early 2011 and Hilary will be portrayed as the good woman scorned and will go for the sympathy vote.

8. pantherprowl

pantherprowl Guest

Please. Mo Dowd is hilarious. She has entertained us enough to get us to talk about it. Isn't that what a columnist should be doing? I read today's column, thought it was hilarious and crazy, shook my head and went on my way. I'll do the same thing on Sunday.

And as far as Hillary goes, no one in the world -- except maybe Bill -- wants Obama to lose more than her. Politics is a strange game, but here it makes sense: Let Obama lose to McSame (ahem, McCain), let McCain spend four years just continuing to ruin the country the way Bush already has for eight years, then swoop like a hero in 2012, when McCain chooses not to run for re-election because he's 7,000.

Somewhere, Hillary is sitting, looking at all the tight polling numbers, petting her evil-looking cat and saying, "I told you."

All that said ... she might HAVE to be Obama's VP. Like I said, politics is a strange game ...

9. Not even if she got cancer ...

Did I say that? I didn't mean that. What an awful thing to say.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's all a little subtler than Dowd thinks. Politicians are not purely self-serving. They want to do good AND serve themselves. Clinton and her husband are loyal Democrats and they could pass a lie detector test if asked if they want Obama to win.
    On the other hand, if he loses, they will bear up under the grief remarkably well.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think she's assuming that McCain's age will prevent him from seeking a second term. If McCain wins in November, I would fully expect to see Hillary against Romney in 2012.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Way too much time between now and then. At this time in 2004, we were just hearing of Barack Obama.

The Democrats have a nice bench. Mark Warner and Brian Schweitzer could both be future presidents.

Draft saved Draft deleted