1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is "Life" going to make it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mediaguy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

NBC hasn't recovered from losing Seinfeld, Frasier and then Friends.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good point. They tried to duplicate the success they had with Battlestar Galactica on Sci-Fi, but they botched the execution badly on both Bionic Woman and Knight Rider.

I really wish they showed half of the guts to try things on Heroes as they have with Battlestar Galactica. Heroes had some potential, but now I'm at the point that I hope they cancel it after this season while Battlestar Galactica is going out tonight, hopefully with a blaze of glory, and I'm going to miss it terribly.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Of course, weren't most of those shows nuked by NBC in like three weeks?

I echo all the disdain here for NBC, and then some.

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I really like "Life," think it's funny, quirky and interesting and it takes more than half a brain to follow.
    So that, combined with NBC's ceding the 10 o'clock hour to Jay Leno means it has absolutely no chance of renewal. Enjoy it whilst you can.

5. highlander

highlander Member

Boomtown was really good. Have that series on DVD.

Anyone remember two shows on ABC - "The Nine" and "Traveler" and "Windfall" on NBC? I know I'm one of the few who enjoyed these shows.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Damn, "The Nine" could have been something, but if I recall it was DOA.

7. highlander

highlander Member

It definitely had an interesting premise.

Draft saved Draft deleted