1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is "Life" going to make it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mediaguy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Couple other people have mentioned NBC's "Life" on here, with Damian Lewis. really like the show, but it's struggled the last few weeks since they took Sarah Shahi's character in an awkward arc to make it less obvious the actress is pregnant. They've added Gabrielle Union, which should help, but I worry losing the chemistry between Lewis and Shahi will drop ratings and keep the show from getting renewed ...

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

No way this show is getting renewed with NBC cutting down to 2 hours of prime a night with Leno at 10p.

3. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

It's one of my favorites. My only problem with it is that the weekly minidose of intrigue about the situation that sent Crews to prison is so inscrutable, you never have any idea what the hell is being hinted at.
    I think the writing is really good and Lewis hits just the right note.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So this isn't about the purple section in USA Today?

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I have no confidence in NBC making any smart programming decisions.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have a problem with the spinner in the middle of the board flying off.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I was a big fan the first season. Since then, the time slot, time changes, and Crews not being suspected anymore kinda killed it for me. Still a big Damien Lewis fan -- possibly the most underrated actor on TV today.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hope they wrap it up - no way the show gets renewed - but I like it. The show wouldn't be a bad fit over at USA to take up after Monk's final season.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is one of those shows that had a pretty good chance to make it, but the writers strike never allowed it to pick up any momentum.

I'd be curious how many shows that started last season will be around for a third. Big Bang Theory is the only one I can think of, although I'm sure there may be others.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought it was better last year; NBC hasn't helped it any.

11. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

I wish Damian Lewis would make Band of Brothers II. He's the only reason I watch Life.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I hope that's supposed to be blue-fonted.

Draft saved Draft deleted