1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Kevin Smith serious about Clerks III?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 8, 2013.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

On one of his concert movies (which the first few were great, but the last couple not so much), he mentioned that he didn't really smoke pot until he worked with Seth Rogen. I don't think it's a coincidence that he jumped out of bed at 4:20 to write.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't expect 'Masterpiece Theater.' I expect a decent show about people who buy and seel comic books, and 'Comic Book Men' fails to deliver on that reasonable expectation.

Why would you lower your expectations as a TV viewer? How much lower can they go?

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

People who smoke a lot of weed are much more likely to get out of bed at 4:20 P.M.

4. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Well said, Ebert. Can we get your reviews of Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore too?

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

But they may not even have gone to sleep yet at 4:20 a.m.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Marijuana is not a stimulant.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I knew a lot of potheads that stayed up all night and slept through the day. Not the most productive folk.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It would explain how he got so fat.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Clerks and Chasing Amy and, to a lesser degree, Dogma were praised by most critics. Are all movie critics overgrown children who smoke weed too much?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Smith has gotten to the point when his Q and A sessions are often far more entertaining than his films...

I loved Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back... If you like Smith, more than likely you liked at least the majority of those films...

Zach and Miri was a colossal disappointment... I laughed more at Cop Out.

Clerks 2 was really bad in a "I really want to like this, but it just sucks" kind of way...

Red State was ambitious, but Smith was over his head... I remember on Smith's last Q&A he basically said that Affleck called him to get his opinion on several actors who were in Red State and then hired several of them for Argo. I don't doubt that it's true, I just think it's funny...

11. Mizzougrad96

When reviewing movies is your job, you don't walk out of a screening anymore than any of us would have left games that we were covering...

12. Mizzougrad96

Agreed... Part of Smith's charm or part of what makes him interesting (at least to me) is that he's so thin-skinned that he will rant about anything that pisses him off. This is why his Q&A sessions are so great.

But there are definitely times where he comes across like a whiny bitch...

Draft saved Draft deleted